Sunday, January 17, 2010

Haiti


It took me a while to blog about Haiti.

From the moment I heard, I knew, like many knew, how devastating this natural disaster could be for this small island nation even before the news reports and the images began to materialize. Being just about the poorest nation in the western hemisphere, I have to repeat what many have said, that the handling of Haiti could very well become another Katrina in many ways. However, it is important to note that many of the players are different. We shall see. So it is my hope and focusing much of my prayers that Haiti will heal from this, rebound and will become an even stronger nation than it already is and that it will become an even greater nation moving forward.


L'Union Fait La Force ("Unity Makes Strength")

No comments: