Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Process: February 2009

In the quiet moments of the morning is when I have the most clarity. And this morning, I decided to conquer one of my greatests antagonists, Writer's Block.

Sometimes I’m not sure if I have intermittent writer’s block, or if I’m just struggling to piece together coherent blocks of time in which to write (could be both). So recently I’ve made a determined effort to to become inspired. Not necessarily by anything or anybody but I've found this renewed eagerness to find some spark, a glimmer of inspiration.

And so I’ve found a muse! Not the love of my life, not the little man that’s the quintessential apple of my eye - oh no, that's way too much pressure to put on them and me, especially at this awkward (uncreative) phase I’m in.

I’ve found a muse, in myself.

Not groundbreaking, I know. But to me, it’s a start.

I’ve been faced with a life size mirror and in order to enhance the clarity that I am seeking, in order to shake the blocks from their foundations, I’ve decided to go inside for a while. Not to be still - but to shake things up a bit.

Check back here to find out how it all turns out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.